Monday 10 March 2014

Cullaloe Hills, NT1888, March 8th

So far I have made two forays into the Cullaloe Hills, and both times I have covered barely half a km of territory in about an hour. If bryo recording meets move at glacial pace, then alone and unarmed with expert eyes I move at a pace that make glaciers seem in a bit of a hurry!

I have found new and interesting (for me) things each time though, and the species list is creeping up. Otherwise routine species still challenge me, and it's easy for me to get stumped with the ones I haven't seen before. I have some material which it feels like I can't gather any more information on and yet I still haven't succesfully ID'd them. Maybe the acquisition of Smith will help. Still, I learn something each time, which is what I enjoy the most.

Here's the uploaded GPS coverage from the two trips:



And the identified species list so far:

01. Amblystegium serpens
02. Atrichum undulatum
03. Brachythecium rutabulum
04. Bryum capillare
05. Dicranella heteromalla
06. Eurhynchium hians
07. Eurhynchium praelongum
08. Hypnum cupressiforme var. cupressiforme
09. Mnium hornum
10. Orthotrichum affine
11. Orthotrichum diaphanum
12. Plagiomnium undulatum
13. Plagiothecium undulatum
14. Polytrichum commune
15. Polytrichum formosum
16. Rhytidiadelphus loreus
17. Rhytidiadelphus squarrosus
18. Zygodon viridissimus s.l.
19. Diplophyllum albicans
20. Lepidozia reptans
21. Lophocolea bidentata
22. Lophocolea heterophylla
23. Scapania undulata

Scapania undulata on rocks in a water channel

No comments:

Post a Comment